After the removal of a tree or trees many people leave the stumps so that they are visible. Fox Tree and Landscape Services will cut the tree stump as close to the ground a possible but to complete the tree removal it is a good idea to also remove the stumps.
The Why of Stump Removal
- Stumps are not attractive. The landscaping of your yard or property is important. The sight of a stump is not appealing. If you’re meticulous about your yard and landscaping then removing an old stump or stumps is important.
- Old tree stumps can be hazardous. Stumps get in the way and can even cause you to trip and fall. If you have children that play in your yard then they may not look for the stump and trip over it. And if a neighbor trips that old tree stump become a liability. Tree stumps can also damage your lawn mower if you accidentally hit one when you’re mowing your lawn.
- Tree stumps can be the cause of new tree growth. Sometimes leaving the stump behind contributes to new sprouts, which can result in many small trees growing around the stump. This is unsightly to your landscaping and quite costly to try to remove because the new shoots may keep coming back, and you may need chemicals to kill them off completely. These small trees also leech nutrients from other plants located near them lowering their health level. To do a complete job of removing a tree it is wise to remove the tree stump.
- Stumps get in the way. Remaining tree stumps become a nuisance, an obstacle you have to maneuver around when weeding or mowing your lawn.
- Stumps attract insects. When you leave stumps in your lawn, the decaying tree takes a long time to rot away completely. While it’s decaying, the stump may attract beetles, termites, ants and other wood-boring pests. You may not mind them in your yard, but they can also migrate to your home.
- Stumps take up precious yard space. Especially if you don’t have a very large yard, the space you lose from the stump and roots may occupy a lot of space. You may want to use that space for a flowerbed, herb garden or a picnic table.
Fox Tree & Landscaping Service can cut down a tree and remove the stump. Stump removal is a lot more involved, which is why it’s not usually included in the cost of tree removal. We will make a point to let you know the cost to remove the stump if this makes sense given the size and location of the stump. If you do not want to have an old stump in your yard then count on Fox Tree & Landscape Services to remove it. We can make it easy!