Tree and Shrub Pruning
Pruning alters the form and growth of a plant. Based on aesthetics and science, pruning can also be considered preventive maintenance. Many problems may be avoided with proper tree and shrub pruning during the formative years for a tree or shrub.
Reasons for Tree Pruning
- Prune to promote plant health
- Remove dead or dying branches
- Remove branches injured by disease, severe insect infestation, animals or storms
- Remove branches and branch stubs that rub together
Tree Pruning to Maintain Intended Purpose
Fox Tree and Landscape Service can prune trees and shrubs to maintain the intended purpose of the tree or shrub such as:
- Encouraging flower and fruit development
- Maintaining the density of a hedge
- Maintaining a desired tree form or size
- Prune to improve tree or shrub appearance
Appearance in the landscape is essential to a plant’s usefulness. When plants are pruned well, it is difficult to see that they have been pruned!
- Prune trees to protect people and property
- Remove dead branches from trees
- Eliminate hazardous situations
We can prune out weak or narrow-angled tree branches that overhang homes, parking areas, and sidewalks — anyplace falling limbs could injure people or damage property. It is also important to eliminate branches that interfere with street lights, traffic signals, and overhead wires. We also recommend to prune branches that obscure vision at walkways and driveways.
If you have outdoor security cameras and lighting then pruning allows for proper lighting and observation.
We can review your specific tree pruning needs. Give us a call – we will be happy to help 643-632-7468.